Monday, June 3, 2013

Me and Y.W.I.C.


                                                                  Hey Y'All                                                                            
Photo: This group of young ladies from East Picacho Elementary got together and decided to raise some funds for their community's animals in need.  They named their fund raiser, "Pay for Paws," and were able to bring in $317.74 and a box full of canned food, toys, and other goodies.  These are some awesome kids!  Thank you so much!             This is Abigail. I'm here to tell you all about my amazing day today. First of all, it is my first day here ever at Y.W.I.C. and I just got my sparring gear in karate which means that I can actually fight people. I am a white belt w/ a yellow stipe. Now let me tell you about myself. I am a lot about the south. My NFL team is New Orleans Saints, and my favorite food is fried chicken "n" waffles. My room is decorated in Mardi Gras items (a Louisiana holiday). I have 2 bros, and 1 sis. I also love animals; I have 2 dogs (Bammbamm, and Pebbles), 1 rabbit (Butterscotch), 1 cat (Seamus), and 1 foster kitty (Gray Baby). My favorite colors are purple and aqua blue. My B.F.F. is Mckaela. Some of my other friends are Aaliyah, Lisa, Cellest, and Alyson. One of my favorite accomplishments is when; we all started a group at our school called Pay for Paws. We raised $317.74 for the Animal Shelter of Mesilla Valley. Next year we plan to spread this program around all of the middle schools of Las Cruces. Now enough about me, lets talk about Y.W.I.C. 
               This is an apsolutely amazing oppurtunity for all middle school girls. Today we learned how to blog obviously! One of my most favorite parts about the day was playing Jeopardy, some of the subjects were; looping, objects, and properties, or Google trivia. This was such a fun amazing challenge. I love being around girls my age in computing. One of my favorite people there are Susi. She has the coolest accent ever, and she is the best programmer ever.  So to all of you young ladies out there follow your dreams. I did and it has lead on to awesome things. And you all should try programming. It is the best. Thank you to all the people who have helped me learn on this journey Y'All rock!!!!

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Abigail!

    First off, I love your blog!

    I think it's awesome that you like the south and New Orleans, I lived in Louisiana for 4 years!! While I lived there I did get the chance to visit New Orleans! It is very beautiful and when I went it was in recovery from hurricane Katrina, you could see a line of where the water had been on the houses, really far up the wall. It's awesome that you do karate too!

    Secondly I want to congratulate you for how you are doing in camp! You are exceptional! I like the creativity and effort you put into your projects, thank you for being such an awesome camper!! Good thing you are showing off your things to your dad at home because they are great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzi, I think it is awesome that you lived in Louisiana. My whole family lives there. Thanks for saying I am good in camp. You are so awesome! I love all the things you have taught me! Most of all I <3 Story telling Alice. Thanks, again.

    ReplyDelete